21 CFR 172.480 - Silicon dioxide.
(a) The food additive is manufactured by vapor phase hydrolysis or by other means whereby the particle size is such as to accomplish the intended effect.
(b) It is used as an anticaking agent, subject to the following conditions:
(2) It is used in an amount not in excess of that reasonably required to produce its intended effect.
(c) It is used or intended for use as a stabilizer in the production of beer, and is removed from the beer by filtration prior to final processing.
(d) It is used or intended for use as an adsorbent for dl-a-tocopheryl acetate and pantothenyl alcohol in tableted foods for special dietary use, in an amount not greater than that required to accomplish the intended physical or technical effect.
- 21 CFR 160.105 — Dried Eggs.
- 21 CFR 73.1 — Diluents in Color Additive Mixtures for Food Use Exempt From Certification.
- 21 CFR 175.105 — Adhesives.
- 21 CFR 172.230 — Microcapsules for Flavoring Substances.
- 21 CFR 173.340 — Defoaming Agents.
- 21 CFR 160.185 — Dried Egg Yolks.
- 27 CFR 24.246 — Materials Authorized for the Treatment of Wine and Juice.