24 CFR 5.659 - Family information and verification.
(a)Applicability. This section states requirements for reexamination of family income and composition in the Section 8 project-based assistance programs, except for the moderate rehabilitation program and the project-based certificate or voucher programs.
(b)Family obligation to supply information.
(1) The family must supply any information that HUD or the owner determines is necessary in administration of the Section 8 program, including submission of required evidence of citizenship or eligible immigration status (as provided by part 5, subpart E of this title). “Information” includes any requested certification, release or other documentation.
(2) The family must supply any information requested by the owner or HUD for use in a regularly scheduled reexamination or an interim reexamination of family income and composition in accordance with HUD requirements.
(3) For requirements concerning the following, see part 5, subpart B of this title:
(i)Family verification and disclosure of social security numbers;
(ii)Family execution and submission of consent forms for obtaining wage and claim information from State Wage Information Collection Agencies (SWICAs).
(4) Any information supplied by the family must be true and complete.
(c)Family release and consent.
(1) As a condition of admission to or continued occupancy of a unit with Section 8 assistance, the owner must require the family head, and such other family members as the owner designates, to execute a HUD-approved release and consent form (including any release and consent as required under § 5.230 of this title) authorizing any depository or private source of income, or any Federal, State or local agency, to furnish or release to the owner or HUD such information as the owner or HUD determines to be necessary.
(2) The use or disclosure of information obtained from a family or from another source pursuant to this release and consent shall be limited to purposes directly connected with administration of the Section 8 program.
(d)Owner responsibility for verification. The owner must obtain and document in the family file third party verification of the following factors, or must document in the file why third party verification was not available:
(2) The value of assets;
(3) Expenses related to deductions from annual income; and
(4) Other factors that affect the determination of adjusted income.
Title 24 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 24 CFR Part 5 after this date.
Title 24 published on 2015-08-22.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 24.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.