25 CFR 170.471 - How are projects administered?

§ 170.471 How are projects administered?
(a) When a tribe carries out an IRR project under ISDEAA, BIA will monitor performance under the requirements of 25 CFR 900.130 and 900.131(b)(9) or 25CFR 1000.243 and 1000.249(c) and (e), as appropriate. If BIA discovers a problem during an on-site monitoring visit, BIA must promptly notify the tribe and, if asked, provide technical assistance.
(b) BIA or the tribal government, as provided for under the contract or agreement, is responsible for day-to-day project inspections except for BIA monitoring under paragraph (a) of this section.
(c) BIA must process substantial changes in the scope of a construction project in coordination with the affected tribe.
(d) The tribe, other contractors, and BIA may perform quality control.
(e) Only the licensed professional engineer may change an IRR project's plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) during construction.
(1) For substantial changes, the original approving agency must review the change. The approving agency is the Federal, tribal, State, or local entity with PS&E approval authority over the project.
(2) In making any substantial change, the approving agency must consult with the affected tribe and the entity having maintenance responsibility.
(3) A change that exceeds the limits of available funding may be made only with the approving agency's consent.

Title 25 published on 2014-04-01.

No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 25 CFR Part 170.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code

Title 25 published on 2014-04-01

The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 25 CFR Part 170 after this date.

  • 2014-12-19; vol. 79 # 244 - Friday, December 19, 2014
    1. 79 FR 76192 - Tribal Transportation Program
      GPO FDSys XML | Text
      DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR, Bureau of Indian Affairs
      Proposed rule.
      Comments on this rule must be received by March 20, 2015. Comments on the information collections contained in this proposed regulation are separate from those on the substance of the rule. Comments on the information collection burden should be received by January 20, 2015 to ensure consideration, but must be received no later than February 17, 2015.
      25 CFR Part 170