28 CFR 42.613 - Definitions.
As used in this regulation, the term:
(c) Chairman of the EEOC refers to the Chairman of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or his or her delegate.
(d) EEOC means the Equal Empoyment Opportunity Commission and, where appropriate, any of its District Offices.
(e) Federal financial assistance includes:
(1) Grants and loans of Federal funds,
(2) The grant or donation of Federal property and interests in property,
(3) The detail of Federal personnel,
(4) The sale and lease of, and the permission to use (on other than a casual or transient basis), Federal property or any interest in such property without consideration or at a nominal consideration, or at a consideration which is reduced for the purpose of assisting the recipient, or in recognition of the public interest to be served by such sale or lease to the recipient, and
(5) Any Federal agreement, arrangement, or other contract which has as one of its purposes the provision of assistance.
(g) Recipient means any State, political subdivision of any State, or instrumentality of any State or political subdivision, any public or private agency, institution, organization, or other entity, or any individual, in any State, to whom Federal financial assistance is extended, directly or through another recipient, for any program, including any successor, assign, or transferee thereof, but such term does not include any ultimate beneficiary under such program.
(i) Title VI refers to title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4. Where appropriate, title VI also refers to the civil rights provisions of other Federal statutes or regulations to the extent that they prohibit employment discrimination on the ground or race, color, religion, sex or national origin in programs receiving Federal financial assistance of the type subject to title VI itself.
(j) Title VII refers to title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, 42 U.S.C. 2000e, et seq.