28 CFR 58.18 - Mandatory duty of approved agencies to obtain prior consent of the United States Trustee before taking certain actions.
(a) By accepting the designation to act as an approved agency, an agency agrees to obtain approval from the United States Trustee, prior to making any of the following changes:
(1) Cancellation or change in the amount of the surety bond or employee fidelity bond or insurance;
(2) The engagement of an independent contractor to provide counseling services or to have access to, possession of, or control over client funds;
(3) Any increase in the fees, contributions, or payments received from clients for counseling services or a change in the agency's fee policy;
(4) Expansion into additional federal judicial districts;
(5) Any changes to the method of delivery the approved agency employs to provide counseling services; or
(6) Any changes in the approved agency's counseling services.
(b) An agency applying to become an approved agency shall also obtain approval from the United States Trustee before taking any action specified in paragraph (a) of this section. It shall do so by submitting an amended application. The agency's amended application shall be accompanied by a contemporaneously executed writing, signed by the signatory of the application, that makes the certifications specified in § 58.13(e).
(c) An approved agency shall not transfer or assign its United States Trustee approval to act as an approved agency.
Title 28 published on 2015-11-24
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 28 CFR Part 58 after this date.
Title 28 published on 2015-11-24.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 28 CFR Part 58.