29 CFR 102.16 - Hearing; change of date or place.
(a) Upon his own motion or upon proper cause shown by any other party, the Regional Director issuing the complaint may extend the date of such hearing or may change the place at which it is to be held, except that the authority of the Regional Director to extend the date of a hearing shall be limited to the following circumstances:
(1) Where all parties agree or no party objects to extension of the date of hearing;
(2) Where a new charge or charges have been filed which, if meritorious, might be appropriate for consolidation with the pending complaint;
(3) Where negotiations which could lead to settlement of all or a portion of the complaint are in progress;
(4) Where issues related to the complaint are pending before the General Counsel's Division of Advice or Office of Appeals; or
(5) Where more than 21 days remain before the scheduled date of hearing.
(b) In circumstances other than those set forth in subsection (a) of this section, motions to reschedule the hearing should be filed with the Division of Judges in accordance with § 102.24(a). When a motion to reschedule has been granted, the Regional Director issuing the complaint shall retain the authority to order a new date for hearing and retain the responsibility to make the necessary arrangements for conducting such hearing, including its location and the transcription of the proceedings.