29 CFR 37.94 - What corrective or remedial actions may be imposed where, after a compliance review or complaint investigation, the Director finds a violation of the nondiscrimination and equal opportunity provisions of WIA or this part?
(a) A Letter of Findings, Notice to Show Cause, or Initial Determination, issued under § 37.62 or §§ 37.63, 37.66 and 37.67, or § 37.91 respectively, must include the specific steps the grant applicant or recipient, as applicable, must take within a stated period of time in order to achieve voluntary compliance.
(b) Such steps must include:
(1) Actions to end and/or redress the violation of the nondiscrimination and equal opportunity provisions of WIA or this part;
(2) Make whole relief where discrimination has been identified, including, as appropriate, back pay (which must not accrue from a date more than 2 years before the filing of the complaint or the initiation of a compliance review) or other monetary relief; hire or reinstatement; retroactive seniority; promotion; benefits or other services discriminatorily denied; and
(3) Such other remedial or affirmative relief as the Director deems necessary, including but not limited to outreach, recruitment and training designed to ensure equal opportunity.
(c) Monetary relief may not be paid from Federal funds.
- 29 CFR 37.62 — What Are the Authority and Procedures for Conducting Pre-Approval Compliance Reviews?
- 29 CFR 37.64 — What Procedures Must the Director Follow When CRC Has Completed a Post-Approval Compliance Review?
- 29 CFR 37.91 — What Notice Must the Director Issue if He or She Finds Reasonable Cause to Believe That a Violation Has Taken Place?