30 CFR 1202.555 - What portion of the gas that I produce is subject to royalty?
(1) Gas that is unavoidably lost.
(2) Gas that is used on, or for the benefit of, the lease.
(3) Gas that is used off-lease for the benefit of the lease when the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) approves such off-lease use.
(4) Gas used as plant fuel as provided in § 1206.179(e).
(b) You may use royalty-free only that proportionate share of each lease's production (actual or allocated) necessary to operate the production facility when you use gas for one of the following purposes:
(2) At a production facility handling unitized or communitized production.