30 CFR § 551.5 - Applying for permits or filing Notices.
(a)Permits.You must submit a signed original and three copies of the BOEM permit application form (Form BOEM-0327). The form includes names of persons; the type, location, purpose, and dates of activity; and environmental and other information. A nonrefundable service fee of $2,012 must be paid electronically through Pay.gov at: https://www.pay.gov/paygov/, and you must include a copy of the Pay.gov confirmation receipt page with your application.
(b)Disapproval of permit application. If BOEM disapproves your application for a permit, the Regional Director will state the reasons for the denial and will advise you of the changes needed to obtain approval.
(1) The name(s) of the person(s) who will conduct the proposed research;
(2) The name(s) of any other person(s) participating in the proposed research, including the sponsor;
(3) The type of research and a brief description of how you will conduct it;
(6) The name, registry number, registered owner, and port of registry of vessels used in the operation;
(10) At your option, you may submit (as a substitute for the material required in paragraphs (c)(7), (c)(8), and (c)(9) of this section) the nonexclusive use agreement for scientific research attachment to Form BOEM-0327.
(1) For the OCS off the State of Alaska - the Regional Supervisor for Resource Evaluation, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Alaska OCS Region, 3801 Centerpoint Drive, Suite 500, Anchorage, Alaska 99503.
(2) For the OCS off the Atlantic Coast and in the Gulf of Mexico - the Regional Supervisor for Resource Evaluation, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Gulf of Mexico OCS Region, 1201 Elmwood Park Boulevard, New Orleans, Louisiana 70123-2394.
(3) For the OCS off the coast of the States of California, Oregon, Washington, or Hawaii - the Regional Supervisor for Resource Evaluation, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Pacific OCS Region, 760 Paseo Camarillo, Suite 102 (CM 102), Camarillo, California 93010.