30 CFR § 551.6 - Obligations and rights under a permit or a Notice.
(a) You must not:
(2) Cause harm or damage to life (including fish and other aquatic life), property, or to the marine, coastal, or human environment;
(4) Cause pollution;
(5) Disturb archaeological resources;
(6) Create hazardous or unsafe conditions; or
(7) Unreasonably interfere with or cause harm to other uses of the area.
(1) Detect hydrocarbon occurrences;
(2) Detect environmental hazards which imminently threaten life and property; or
(d) Any persons conducting shallow test drilling or deep stratigraphic test drilling activities under a permit must use the best available and safest technologies that the Regional Director determines to be economically feasible.