30 CFR 773.14 - Eligibility for provisionally issued permits.
(a) This section applies to you if you are an applicant who owns or controls a surface coal mining and reclamation operation with -
(1) A notice of violation issued under § 843.12 of this chapter or the State regulatory program equivalent for which the abatement period has not yet expired; or
(2) A violation that is unabated or uncorrected beyond the abatement or correction period.
(b) We, the regulatory authority, will find you eligible for a provisionally issued permit under this section if you demonstrate that one or more of the following circumstances exists with respect to all violations listed in paragraph (a) of this section -
(1) For violations meeting the criteria of paragraph (a)(1) of this section, you certify that the violation is being abated to the satisfaction of the regulatory authority with jurisdiction over the violation, and we have no evidence to the contrary.
(2) As applicable, you, your operator, and operations that you or your operator own or control are in compliance with the terms of any abatement plan (or, for delinquent fees or penalties, a payment schedule) approved by the agency with jurisdiction over the violation.
(3) You are pursuing a good faith -
(i) Challenge to all pertinent ownership or control listings or findings under §§ 773.25 through 773.27 of this part; or
(ii) Administrative or judicial appeal of all pertinent ownership or control listings or findings, unless there is an initial judicial decision affirming the listing or finding and that decision remains in force.
(4) The violation is the subject of a good faith administrative or judicial appeal contesting the validity of the violation, unless there is an initial judicial decision affirming the violation and that decision remains in force.
(c) We will consider a provisionally issued permit to be improvidently issued, and we must immediately initiate procedures under §§ 773.22 and 773.23 of this part to suspend or rescind that permit, if -
(1) Violations included in paragraph (b)(1) of this section are not abated within the specified abatement period;
(2) You, your operator, or operations that you or your operator own or control do not comply with the terms of an abatement plan or payment schedule mentioned in paragraph (b)(2) of this section;
(3) In the absence of a request for judicial review, the disposition of a challenge and any subsequent administrative review referenced in paragraph (b)(3) or (4) of this section affirms the validity of the violation or the ownership or control listing or finding; or
(4) The initial judicial review decision referenced in paragraph (b)(3)(ii) or (4) of this section affirms the validity of the violation or the ownership or control listing or finding.
Title 30 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 773 after this date.