31 CFR 535.212 - Direction to transfer property in which Iran or an Iranian entity has an interest by branches and offices of United States banks located outside the United States.
(a) Any branch or office of a United States bank or subsidiary thereof, which branch, office or subsidiary is located outside the territory of the United States, and which, on or after 8:10 a.m., e.s.t., on November 14, 1979:
(1) Has been or is in possession of funds or securities legally or beneficially owned by the Government of Iran or its agencies, instrumentalities, or controlled entities, or
(2) Has carried or is carrying on its books deposits standing to the credit of or beneficially owned by such government, its agencies, instrumentalities or controlled entities, is licensed, authorized, directed and compelled to transfer such funds, securities and deposits, held on January 19, 1981, including interest from November 14, 1979, at commercially reasonable rates, to the account of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, as fiscal agent of the U.S., at the Bank of England, to be held or transferred as directed by the Secretary of the Treasury. The funds, securities and deposits described in this section shall be further transferred as provided for in the Declarations of the Government of the Democratic and Popular Republic of Algeria and the Undertakings of the Government of the United States of America and the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran with respect to the Declaration.
(b) Any banking institution subject to the jurisdiction of the United States that has executed a set-off on or after 8:10 a.m., e.s.t., November 14, 1979, against Iranian funds, securities or deposits referred to in paragraph (a) of this section is hereby licensed, authorized, directed and compelled to cancel such set-off and to transfer all funds, securities and deposits which have been subject to such set-off, including interest from November 14, 1979, at commercially reasonable rates, pursuant to the provisions of paragraph (a) of this section.
Title 31 published on 18-Mar-2017 03:27
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 31 CFR Part 535 after this date.
- 31 CFR 535.440 — Commercially Reasonable Interest Rates.
- 31 CFR 535.504 — Certain Judicial Proceedings With Respect to Property of Iran or Iranian Entities.
- 31 CFR 535.438 — Standby Letters of Credit, Performance or Payment Bonds and Similar Obligations.
- 31 CFR 535.220 — Timing of Transfers Required by § 535.212.