32 CFR 173.3 - Profit reduction clause.
The following profit reduction clause is required in all competitively awarded new contracts over $100,000 when a Competitive Information Certificate is required prior to award.
Profit Reduction for Illegal or Improper Activity
(a) The government, at its election, may reduce the contract price by the amount of any anticipated profit determined as set forth in paragraph (b) of this section; if
(1) A person or business entity is convicted for violating 18 U.S.C. 201- 224 (bribery, graft, and conflicts of interest), 18 U.S.C. 371 (conspiracy), 18 U.S.C. 641 (theft of public money, property, or records), 18 U.S.C. 1001 (false statements), 18 U.S.C. 1341 (fraud), 18 U.S.C. 1343 (fraud by wire) for any act in connection with or related to the obtaining of this contract; or
(2) The Secretary of Defense, or his designee, determines that the Competitive Information Certificate submitted by the offeror in connection with award of this contract
(i) Was materially false at the time it was filed, or
(ii) Notwithstanding the offeror's best knowledge and belief, was materially incomplete or inaccurate.
(b) The amount of anticipated profits referred to in § 173.3(a) shall be:
(1) In the case of a cost-plus-fixed-fee contract, the amount of the fee specified in the contract at the time of award;
(2) In the case of fixed-price-incentive-profit or cost-plus-incentive-fee contract, the amount of the target profit or fee specified in the contract at the time of award; or
(3) In the case of a firm-fixed-price contract, the amount of anticipated profit determined by the contracting officer, after notice to the contractor and opportunity to comment, from records or documents in existence prior to the date of the award of the contract.
(c) The rights and remedies of the government provided in this cluase shall not be exclusive and are in addition to any other rights and remedies provided by law or under this contract.