34 CFR § 299.11 - What complaint procedures shall an SEA adopt?
(a) General. An SEA shall adopt written procedures, consistent with State law, for -
(1) Receiving and resolving any complaint from an organization or individual that the SEA or an agency or consortium of agencies is violating a Federal statute or regulation that applies to an applicable program listed in paragraph (b) of this section;
(2) Reviewing an appeal from a decision of an agency or consortium of agencies with respect to a complaint; and
(3) Conducting an independent on-site investigation of a complaint if the SEA determines that an on-site investigation is necessary.
(b) Applicable programs. This subpart is applicable to the following programs:
(1) Part A of title I (Improving Basic Programs Operated by Local Educational Agencies).
(2) Part C of title I (Education of Migratory Children).
(3) Part D of title I (Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children and Youth Who Are Neglected, Delinquent, or At Risk).
(4) Part A of title II (Supporting Effective Instruction).
(5) Part A, subpart 1 of title III (English Language Acquisition, Language Enhancement, and Academic Achievement), except for section 3112.
(6) Part A of title IV (Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants).
(7) Part B of title IV (21st Century Community Learning Centers).
(8) Part B, subpart 2 of title V (Rural and Low-Income School Program).
(9) Subtitle B of title VII of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, Education for Homeless Children and Youth Program.