34 CFR § 602.33 - Procedures for review of agencies during the period of recognition, including the review of monitoring reports.
(a) Department staff may review the compliance of a recognized agency with the criteria for recognition at any time -
(2) Based on any information that, as determined by Department staff, appears credible and raises concerns relevant to the criteria for recognition.
(b) The review may include, but need not be limited to, any of the activities described in § 602.32(d) and (f).
(c) If, in the course of the review, and after providing the agency the documentation concerning the inquiry and consulting with the agency, Department staff notes that one or more deficiencies may exist in the agency's compliance with the criteria for recognition or in the agency's effective application of those criteria, Department staff -
(1) Prepares a written draft analysis of the agency's compliance with the criteria of concern;
(2) Sends to the agency the draft analysis including any identified areas of noncompliance and all supporting documentation;
(3) Invites the agency to provide a written response to the draft analysis within 90 days; and
(4) Reviews any response provided by the agency, including any monitoring report submitted, and either -
(i) Concludes the review;
(ii) Continues monitoring of the agency's areas of deficiencies; or
(B) Publishes a notice in the Federal Register with an invitation for the public to comment on the agency's compliance with the criteria in question and establishing a deadline for receipt of public comment;
(C) Provides the agency with a copy of all public comments received and invites a written response from the agency;
(D) Finalizes the staff analysis as necessary to reflect its review of any agency response and any public comment received;
(E) Provides to the agency, no later than 30 days before the Advisory Committee meeting, the final staff analysis and a recognition recommendation and any other information provided to the Advisory Committee under § 602.34(c); and