34 CFR § 664.5 - What definitions apply to the Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program?
(b) Definitions that apply to this program: The following definitions apply to the Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program:
Area studies means a program of comprehensive study of the aspects of a society or societies, including the study of their geography, history, culture, economy, politics, international relations, and languages.
Binational commission means an educational and cultural commission established, through an agreement between the United States and either a foreign government or an international organization, to carry out functions in connection with the program covered by this part.
Institution of higher education means an educational institution in any State that -
(1) Admits as regular students only persons having a certificate of graduation from a school providing secondary education, or the recognized equivalent of such a certificate;
(2) Is legally authorized within such State to provide a program of education beyond secondary education;
(3) Provides an educational program for which it awards a bachelor's degree or provides not less than a two-year program which is acceptable for full credit toward such a degree;
(4) Is a public or other nonprofit institution; and
(5) Is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association.
J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board means the presidentially appointed board that is responsible for supervision of the program covered by this part.