38 CFR § 17.30 - Definitions.
When used in Department of Veterans Affairs medical regulations, each of the following terms shall have the meaning ascribed to it in this section:
(a) Medical services. The term medical services includes the following:
(1) Medical examination, treatment, and rehabilitative services (as defined in 38 U.S.C. 1701(8)).
(2) Surgical services, dental services and appliances as authorized in §§ 17.160 through 17.166, optometric and podiatric services, chiropractic services, preventive health care services set forth in 38 U.S.C. 1701(9), noninstitutional extended care, and items and services as authorized in §§ 17.3200 through 17.3250.
(3) Consultation, professional counseling, marriage and family counseling, training, and mental health services for the members of the immediate family or legal guardian of the veteran or the individual in whose household the veteran certifies an intention to live, as necessary in connection with the veteran's treatment.
(4) Transportation and incidental expenses for any person entitled to such benefits under the provisions of § 70.10 of this chapter.
(b) Domiciliary care. The term domiciliary care—
(1) Means the furnishing of:
(ii) A day hospital program consisting of intensive supervised rehabilitation and treatment provided in a therapeutic residential setting for residents with mental health or substance use disorders, and co-occurring medical or psychosocial needs such as homelessness and unemployment.
(2) Includes travel and incidental expenses pursuant to § 70.10.