38 CFR 61.61 - Agreement and funding actions.
(a)Agreement. When VA selects an applicant for grant or per diem award under this part, VA will incorporate the requirements of this part into an agreement to be executed by VA and the applicant. VA will enforce the agreement through such action as may be appropriate, including temporarily withholding cash payments pending correction of a deficiency. Appropriate actions include actions in accordance with the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards under 2 CFR part 200.
(b)Obligating funds. Upon execution of the agreement, VA will obligate funds to cover the amount of the approved grant/per diem, subject to the availability of funding. Payments will be for services rendered, contingent on submission of documentation in the form of invoices or purchase agreements and inspections, as VA deems necessary. VA will make payments on its own schedule to reimburse for amounts expended. Except for increases in the rate of per diem, VA will not increase the amount obligated for assistance under this part after the initial obligation of funds.
(c)Deobligating funds. VA may deobligate all or parts of funds obligated under this part:
(1) If the actual total cost for assistance is less than the total cost stated in the application; or
(2) If the recipient fails to comply with the requirements of this part.
(d)Deobligation procedure. Before deobligating funds under this section, VA will issue a notice of intent to terminate payments. The recipient will have 30 days to submit documentation demonstrating why payments should not be terminated. After review of any such documentation, VA will issue a final decision concerning termination of payment.
Title 38 published on 2015-12-03
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 61 after this date.
- 38 CFR 61.65 — Inspections.
- 38 CFR 61.44 — Awarding Special Need Grants and Payment of Special Need Per Diem.
- 38 CFR 61.54 — Awarding Technical Assistance Grants.
- 38 CFR 61.17 — Site Control for Capital Grants.
- 38 CFR 61.15 — Capital Grants - Obtaining Additional Information and Awarding Capital Grants.
- 38 CFR 61.40 — Special Need Grants - General.
Title 38 published on 2015-12-03.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 38.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.