40 CFR § 124.9 - Administrative record for draft permits when EPA is the permitting authority.
(a) The provisions of a draft permit prepared by EPA under § 124.6 shall be based on the administrative record defined in this section.
(b) For preparing a draft permit under § 124.6, the record shall consist of:
(1) The application, if required, and any supporting data furnished by the applicant;
(2) The draft permit or notice of intent to deny the application or to terminate the permit;
(3) The statement of basis (§ 124.7) or fact sheet (§ 124.8);
(4) All documents cited in the statement of basis or fact sheet; and
(5) Other documents contained in the supporting file for the draft permit.
(6) For NPDES new source draft permits only, any environmental assessment, environmental impact statement (EIS), finding of no significant impact, or environmental information document and any supplement to an EIS that may have been prepared. NPDES permits other than permits to new sources as well as all RCRA, UIC and PSD permits are not subject to the environmental impact statement provisions of section 102(2)(C) of the National Environmental Policy Act, 42 U.S.C. 4321.
(c) Material readily available at the issuing Regional Office or published material that is generally available, and that is included in the administrative record under paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section, need not be physically included with the rest of the record as long as it is specifically referred to in the statement of basis or the fact sheet.
(d) This section applies to all draft permits when public notice was given after the effective date of these regulations.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Haw. Code R. §11-271.1-3 - §11-271.1-3 - Amendments to the incorporation of 40 C.F.R. part 124, subpart A.
- IL Admin. Code 35.705.144 - Section 705.144 - Administrative Record for Draft Permits or Notices of Intent to Deny
- La. Admin. Code tit. 33, Part IX, §3113 - §3113 - Public Notice of Permit Actions and Public Comment Period
- 250-RICR-140-10-1 - Part 1 - Rules and Regulations for Hazardous Waste Management (250-RICR-140-10-1)