40 CFR 124.8 - Fact sheet.
(Applicable)o State programs, see §§ 123.25 (NPDES), 145.11 (UIC), 233.26 (404), and 271.14 (RCRA).
(a) A fact sheet shall be prepared for every draft permit for a major HWM, UIC, 404, or NPDES facility or activity, for every Class I sludge management facility, for every 404 and NPDES general permit ( §§ 237.37 and 122.28), for every NPDES draft permit that incorporates a variance or requires an explanation under § 124.56(b), for every draft permit that includes a sewage sludge land application plan under 40 CFR 501.15(a)(2)(ix), and for every draft permit which the Director finds is the subject of wide-spread public interest or raises major issues. The fact sheet shall briefly set forth the principal facts and the significant factual, legal, methodological and policy questions considered in preparing the draft permit. The Director shall send this fact sheet to the applicant and, on request, to any other person.
(b) The fact sheet shall include, when applicable:
(2) The type and quantity of wastes, fluids, or pollutants which are proposed to be or are being treated, stored, disposed of, injected, emitted, or discharged.
(4) A brief summary of the basis for the draft permit conditions including references to applicable statutory or regulatory provisions and appropriate supporting references to the administrative record required by § 124.9 (for EPA-issued permits);
(5) Reasons why any requested variances or alternatives to required standards do or do not appear justified;
(6) A description of the procedures for reaching a final decision on the draft permit including:
(i) The beginning and ending dates of the comment period under § 124.10 and the address where comments will be received;
(ii) Procedures for requesting a hearing and the nature of that hearing; and
(iii) Any other procedures by which the public may participate in the final decision.
(7) Name and telephone number of a person to contact for additional information.
(8) For NPDES permits, provisions satisfying the requirements of § 124.56.
Title 40 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 40 CFR Part 124 after this date.
- 40 CFR 271.14 — Requirements for Permitting.
- 40 CFR 145.11 — Requirements for Permitting.
- 40 CFR 22.44 — Supplemental Rules of Practice Governing the Termination of Permits Under Section 402(a) of the Clean Water Act or Under Section 3008(a)(3) of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
- 40 CFR 124.14 — Reopening of the Public Comment Period.
- 40 CFR 124.4 — Consolidation of Permit Processing.
- 40 CFR 144.16 — Waiver of Requirement by Director.
- 40 CFR 124.63 — Procedures for Variances When EPA Is the Permitting Authority.
- 40 CFR 123.25 — Requirements for Permitting.
- 40 CFR 124.6 — Draft Permits.
- 40 CFR 124.9 — Administrative Record for Draft Permits When EPA Is the Permitting Authority.
- 40 CFR 124.7 — Statement of Basis.
- 40 CFR 124.204 — What Must I Do as the Director of the Regulatory Agency to Prepare a Draft Standardized Permit?