40 CFR 3.2 - How does this part provide for electronic reporting?
(a)Electronic reporting to EPA. Except as provided in § 3.1(b), any person who is required under Title 40 to create and submit or otherwise provide a document to EPA may satisfy this requirement with an electronic document, in lieu of a paper document, provided that:
(1) He or she satisfies the requirements of § 3.10; and
(2) EPA has first published a notice in the Federal Register announcing that EPA is prepared to receive, in electronic form, documents required or permitted by the identified part or subpart of Title 40.
(b)Electronic reporting under an EPA-authorized state, tribe, or local program.
(1) An authorized program may allow any document submission requirement under that program to be satisfied with an electronic document provided that the state, tribe, or local government seeks and obtains revision or modification of that program in accordance with § 3.1000 and also meets the requirements of § 3.2000 for such electronic reporting.
(2) A state, tribe, or local government that is applying for initial delegation, authorization, or approval to administer a federal program or a program in lieu of the federal program, and that will allow document submission requirements under the program to be satisfied with an electronic document, must use the procedures for obtaining delegation, authorization, or approval under the relevant part of Title 40 and may not use the procedures set forth in § 3.1000; but the application must contain the information required by § 3.1000(b)(1) and the state, tribe, or local government must meet the requirements of § 3.2000.
(c)Limitations. This part does not require submission of electronic documents in lieu of paper. This part confers no right or privilege to submit data electronically and does not obligate EPA, states, tribes, or local governments to accept electronic documents.
- 40 CFR 52.420 — Identification of Plan.
- 40 CFR 52.1820 — Identification of Plan.
- 40 CFR 52.1934 — Prevention of Air Pollution Emergency Episodes.
- 40 CFR 60.46c — Emission Monitoring for Sulfur Dioxide.
- 40 CFR 60.47b — Emission Monitoring for Sulfur Dioxide.
- 40 CFR 52.1470 — Identification of Plan.
- 40 CFR 52.2820 — Identification of Plan.