40 CFR 60.2030 - Who implements and enforces this subpart?
(a) This subpart can be implemented and enforced by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), or a delegated authority such as your state, local, or tribal agency. If the EPA Administrator has delegated authority to your state, local, or tribal agency, then that agency (as well as EPA) has the authority to implement and enforce this subpart. You should contact your EPA Regional Office to find out if this subpart is delegated to your state, local, or tribal agency.
(b) In delegating implementation and enforcement authority of this subpart to a state, local, or tribal agency, the authorities contained in paragraph (c) of this section are retained by the EPA Administrator and are not transferred to the state, local, or tribal agency.
(c) The authorities that will not be delegated to state, local, or tribal agencies are specified in paragraphs (c)(1) through (4) and (c)(6) through (11) of this section:
(2) Approval of major alternatives to test methods;
(3) Approval of major alternatives to monitoring;
(4) Approval of major alternatives to recordkeeping and reporting;
(6) The requirements in § 60.2115;
(7) The requirements in § 60.2100(b)(2);
(11) Approval of an alternative to any electronic reporting to the EPA required by this subpart.