42 CFR 400.200 - General definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context indicates otherwise -
Act means the
Administrator means the Administrator, Centers for
ALJ stands for administrative law judge.
Area means the geographical area within the boundaries of a State, or a State or other jurisdiction, designated as constituting an area with respect to which a Professional Standards Review Organization or a Utilization and Quality Control Peer Review Organization has been or may be designated.
CMP stands for competitive medical plan.
Conditions of participation includes requirements for participation as the latter term is used in part 483 of this chapter.
Condition level deficiencies includes deficiencies with respect to “level A requirements” as the latter term is used in parts 442 and 483 of this chapter.
CORF stands for comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation facility.
CFR stands for Code of Federal Regulations.
CMS stands for Centers for
CY stands for calendar year.
DAB stands for Departmental Appeals Board.
Department means the
ESRD stands for end-stage renal disease.
FDA stands for the
FQHC means Federally qualified health center.
FR stands for Federal Register.
FY stands for fiscal year.
HCPP stands for health care prepayment plan.
HHS stands for the
HHA stands for home health agency.
HMO stands for health maintenance organization.
ICF stands for intermediate care facility.
ICF/IID stands for intermediate care facility for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
NCD stands for national coverage determination.
OASDI stands for the Old Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance program under title II of the Act.
OIG stands for the Department's Office of the Inspector General.
QDWI stands for Qualified Disabled and Working Individual.
QIO stands for quality improvement organization.
QMB stands for Qualified
Qualified Disabled and Working Individual means an individual who -
(1) Is eligible to enroll for
(2) Has income, as determined in accordance with SSI methodologies, that does not exceed 200 percent of the Federal poverty guidelines (as defined and revised annually by the
(3) Has resources, as determined in accordance with SSI methodologies, that do not exceed twice the relevant maximum amount established, for SSI eligibility, for an individual or for an individual and his or her spouse; and
(4) Is not otherwise eligible for Medicaid.
(1) Is entitled to
(2) Has resources, as determined in accordance with SSI methodologies, that do not exceed twice the maximum amount established for SSI eligibility; and
(3) Has income, as determined in accordance with SSI methodologies, that does not exceed 100 percent of the Federal poverty guidelines.
Quality improvement organization means an organization that has a contract with CMS, under part B of title XI of the Act, to perform utilization and quality control review of the health care furnished, or to be furnished, to
RHC stands for rural health clinic.
RRB stands for
SNF stands for skilled nursing facility.
Social security benefits means monthly cash benefits payable under section 202 or 223 of the Act.
SSA stands for
United States means the fifty States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto
U.S.C. stands for United States Code.
Title 42 published on 16-Nov-2018 03:48
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 400 after this date.