42 CFR § 411.8 - Services paid for by a Government entity.
(b) Exceptions. Payment may be made for the following:
(1) Services furnished under a health insurance plan established for employees of the government entity.
(3) Services furnished in or by a participating general or special hospital that -
(i) Is operated by a State or local government agency; and
(ii) Serves the general community.
(4) Services furnished in a hospital or elsewhere, as a means of controlling infectious diseases or because the individual is medically indigent.
(6) Services furnished by a public or private health facility that -
(i) Is not a Federal provider or other facility operated by a Federal agency;
(ii) Receives U.S. government funds under a Federal program that provides support to facilities that furnish health care services;
(iii) Customarily seeks payment for services not covered under Medicare from all available sources, including private insurance and patients' cash resources; and
(A) Any unmet deductible applied to the charges related to the reasonable costs that the facility incurs in providing the covered services;
(B) Twenty percent of the remainder of those charges;
(C) The charges for noncovered services.
(7) Rural health clinic services that meet the requirements set forth in part 491 of this chapter.