42 CFR § 435.1009 - Institutionalized individuals.
(a) FFP is not available in expenditures for services provided to -
(b) The exclusion of FFP described in paragraph (a) of this section does not apply during that part of the month in which the individual is not an inmate of a public institution or a patient in an institution for tuberculosis or mental diseases.
(c) An individual on conditional release or convalescent leave from an institution for mental diseases is not considered to be a patient in that institution. However, such an individual who is under age 22 and has been receiving inpatient psychiatric services under § 440.160 of this subchapter is considered to be a patient in the institution until he is unconditionally released or, if earlier, the date he reaches age 22.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Conn. Agencies Regs. § 17-134d-68 - 17-134d-68 - Requirements for monitoring psychiatric admissions to nursing homes
- IL Admin. Code 89.140.646 - Section 140.646 - Reimbursement for Developmental Training (DT) Services for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities Who Reside in Long Term Care (ICF and SNF) and Residential (ICF/MR) Facilities
- IL Admin. Code 89.240.905 - Section 240.905 - Prohibition of Institutionalized Individuals From Receiving Community Care Program Services
- Miss. Admin. Code. 23-102-9.10 - Rule 9.10 - Public Educational or Vocational Training Institutions.
- Miss. Admin. Code. 23-102-9.8 - Rule 9.8 - Individuals Ineligible for Medicaid Due to Inmate Status.
- 13 CSR 70-10.040 - 13 CSR 70-10.040 - Medicaid Eligibility and Preadmission Screening for Mentally Ill and Mentally Retarded Individuals
- 10A NCAC 23E .0108 - 10A NCAC 23E .0108 - REPEALED - INMATE OF PUBLIC INSTITUTION OR PRIVATE PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL
- N.D. Admin. Code 75-02-02-08 - 75-02-02-08 - Amount, duration, and scope of Medicaid and children's health insurance program.
- OR Admin. Rule 461-135-0950 - 461-135-0950 - Eligibility for Inmates and Residents of Public Institutions
- 12 Va. Admin. Code § 30-120-1720 - 12VAC30-120-1720 - Covered services; limits; changes to or termination of services.
- 12 Va. Admin. Code § 30-120-720 - 12VAC30-120-720 - Qualification and eligibility requirements; intake process.
- 12 Va. Admin. Code § 30-50-490 - 12VAC30-50-490 - Case management for individuals with developmental disabilities, including autism.