42 CFR § 440.160 - Inpatient psychiatric services for individuals under age 21.
“Inpatient psychiatric services for individuals under age 21” means services that -
(a) Are provided under the direction of a physician;
(b) Are provided by -
(1) A psychiatric hospital that undergoes a State survey to determine whether the hospital meets the requirements for participation in Medicare as a psychiatric hospital as specified in § 482.60 of this chapter, or is accredited by a national organization whose psychiatric hospital accrediting program has been approved by CMS; or a hospital with an inpatient psychiatric program that undergoes a State survey to determine whether the hospital meets the requirements for participation in Medicare as a hospital, as specified in part 482 of this chapter, or is accredited by a national accrediting organization whose hospital accrediting program has been approved by CMS.
(2) A psychiatric facility which is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the Council on Accreditation of Services for Families and Children, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, or by any other accrediting organization, with comparable standards, that is recognized by the State.
(c) Meet the requirements in § 441.151 of this subchapter.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- 210-RICR-50-05-1 - Part 1 - Medicaid Long-Term Services and Supports: Institutionally Based LTSS (210-RICR-50-05-1)
- 12 Va. Admin. Code § 30-10-150 - 12VAC30-10-150 - Amount, duration, and scope of services: Medically needy.
- 12 Va. Admin. Code § 30-50-130 - 12VAC30-50-130 - Nursing facility services, EPSDT, including school health services, and family planning.