42 CFR 435.134 - Individuals who would be eligible except for the increase in OASDI benefits under Pub. L. 92-336 (July 1, 1972).
The agency must provide Medicaid to individuals who meet the following conditions:
(a) In August 1972, the individual was entitled to OASDI and -
(1) He was receiving OAA, AB, APTD, or AABD; or
(2) He would have been eligible for one of those programs except that he had not applied, and the Medicaid plan covered this optional group; or
(3) He would have been eligible for one of those programs if he were not in a medical institution or intermediate care facility, and the Medicaid plan covered this optional group.
(b) The individual would currently be eligible for SSI or a State supplement except that the increase in OASDI under Pub. L. 92-336 raised his income over the limit allowed under SSI. This includes an individual who -
(1) Meets all current SSI requirements except for the requirement to file an application; or
(2) Would meet all current SSI requirements if he were not in a medical institution or intermediate care facility, and the State's Medicaid plan covers this optional group.