42 CFR 435.135 - Individuals who become ineligible for cash assistance as a result of OASDI cost-of-living increases received after April 1977.
(1) Are receiving OASDI;
(3) Would still be eligible for SSI or State supplements if the amount of OASDI cost-of-living increases paid under section 215(i) of the Act, after the last month after April 1977 for which those individuals were both eligible for and received SSI or a State supplement and were entitled to OASDI, were deducted from current OASDI benefits.
(b) Cost-of-living increases include the increases received by the individual or his or her financially responsible spouse or other family member (e.g., a parent).
(c) If the agency adopts more restrictive eligibility requirements than those under SSI, it must provide Medicaid to individuals specified in paragraph (a) of this section on the same basis as Medicaid is provided to individuals continuing to receive SSI or State supplements. If the individual incurs enough medical expenses to reduce his or her income to the financial eligibility standard for the categorically needy, the agency must cover that individual as categorically needy. In determining the amount of his or her income, the agency may deduct the cost-of-living increases paid under section 215(i) after the last month after April 1977 for which that individual was both eligible for and received SSI or a State supplement and was entitled to OASDI, up to the amount that made him or her ineligible for SSI.
- 42 CFR 431.625 — Coordination of Medicaid With Medicare Part B.
- 42 CFR 435.121 — Individuals in States Using More Restrictive Requirements for Medicaid Than the SSI Requirements.
- 42 CFR 435.230 — Aged, Blind, and Disabled Individuals in States That Use More Restrictive Requirements for Medicaid Than SSI Requirements: Optional Coverage.
- 42 CFR 435.136 — State Agency Implementation Requirements for One-Time Notice and Annual Review System.