42 CFR § 435.301 - General rules.
(i) Have income that meets the applicable standards in §§ 435.811 and 435.814; or
(ii) If their income is more than allowed under the standard, have incurred medical expenses at least equal to the difference between their income and the applicable income standard; and
(2) Have resources that meet the applicable standards in §§ 435.840 and 435.843.
(b) If the agency chooses this option, the following provisions apply:
(i) All pregnant women during the course of their pregnancy who, except for income and resources, would be eligible for Medicaid as mandatory or optional categorically needy under subparts B or C of this part;
(iii) Women who, while pregnant, applied for, were eligible for, and received Medicaid services as medically needy on the day that their pregnancy ends. The agency must provide medically needy eligibility to these women for an extended period following termination of pregnancy. This period extends from the last day of the pregnancy through the end of the month in which a 60-day period, beginning on the last day of pregnancy, ends. Eligibility must be provided, regardless of changes in the woman's financial circumstances that may occur within this extended period. These women are eligible for the extended period for all services under the plan that are pregnancy-related (as defined in § 440.210(c)(1) of this subchapter).
(i) Individuals under age 21 (§ 435.308).
(iii) Aged (§§ 435.320 and 435.330).
(iv) Blind (§§ 435.322, 435.330 and 435.340).
(v) Disabled (§§ 435.324, 435.330, and 435.340).
(3) If the agency provides Medicaid to any individual in a group specified in paragraph (b)(2) of this section, the agency must provide Medicaid to all individuals eligible to be members of that group.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- 210-RICR-50-00-2 - Part 2 - Medicaid Long-Term Services and Supports: Medically Needy Eligibility Pathway (210-RICR-50-00-2)
- TN Rules and Regs. 1240-03-03-.06 - 1240-03-03-.06 - INCOME LIMITATIONS FOR THE MEDICALLY NEEDY AND STANDARD SPEND DOWN
- Utah Admin. Code R414-303-5 - R414-303-5 - Medicaid for Parents and Caretaker Relatives, Pregnant Women, and Children Under Non-MAGI-Based Community and Institutional Coverage Groups.
- Utah Admin. Code R414-304-3 - R414-304-3 - Aged, Blind and Disabled Non-Institutional and Institutional Medicaid Unearned Income Provisions.