42 CFR 436.1101 - Definitions related to presumptive eligibility period for children.
Application form means at a minimum the form used to apply for Medicaid under the poverty-level-related eligibility groups described in section 1902(l) of the Act or a joint form for children to apply for the State Children's Health Insurance Program and Medicaid.
Period of presumptive eligibility means a period that begins on the date on which a qualified entity determines that a child is presumptively eligible and ends with the earlier of -
Presumptive income standard means the highest income eligibility standard established under the plan that is most likely to be used to establish the regular Medicaid eligibility of a child of the age involved.
Qualified entity means an entity that is determined by the State to be capable of making determinations of presumptive eligibility for children, and that -
(4) Is authorized to determine eligibility of an infant or child to receive assistance under the special nutrition program for women, infants, and children (WIC) under section 17 of the Child Nutrition Act of 1966;
(5) Is authorized to determine eligibility of a child for medical assistance under the Medicaid State plan, or eligibility of a child for child health assistance under the State Children's Health Insurance Program;
(7) Is an elementary or secondary school operated or supported by the Bureau of Indian Affairs;
(8) Is a State or Tribal child support enforcement agency;
(9) Is an organization that -
(i) Provides emergency food and shelter under a grant under the Stewart B. McKinney Homeless Assistance Act;
(ii) Is a State or Tribal office or entity involved in enrollment in the program under this title, Part A of title IV, or title XXI; or
(iii) Determines eligibility for any assistance or benefits provided under any program of public or assisted housing that receives Federal funds, including the program under section 8 or any other section of the United States Housing Act of 1937 ( 42 U.S.C. 1437) or under the Native American Housing Assistance and Self Determination Act of 1996 ( 25 U.S.C. 4101et seq.); and
(10) Any other entity the State so deems, as approved by the Secretary.
Title 42 published on 19-Apr-2017 03:51
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 436 after this date.