42 CFR 436.201 - Individuals included in optional groups.
(a) The agency may choose to cover as optional categorically needy any group or groups of the following individuals who are not receiving cash assistance and who meet the appropriate eligibility criteria for groups specified in the separate sections of this subpart:
(1) Aged individuals (65 years of age or older);
(2) Blind individuals (as defined in § 436.530);
(3) Disabled individuals (as defined in § 436.541);
(4) Individuals under age 21 (or, at State option), under age 20, 19, or 18) or reasonable classifications of these individuals;
(5) Specified relatives under section 406(b)(1) of the Act who have in their care an individual who is determined to be dependent) as specified in § 436.510;
(6) Pregnant women; and
(7) Essential spouses specified under § 436.230.
(b) If the agency provides Medicaid to any individual in an optional group specified in paragraph (a) of this section, the agency must provide Medicaid to all individuals who apply and are found eligible to be members of that group.