42 CFR 436.201 - Individuals included in optional groups.
(a) The agency may choose to cover as optional categorically needy any group or groups of the following individuals who are not receiving cash assistance and who meet the appropriate eligibility criteria for groups specified in the separate sections of this subpart:
(1) Aged individuals (65 years of age or older);
(2) Blind individuals (as defined in § 436.530);
(3) Disabled individuals (as defined in § 436.541);
(4) Individuals under age 21 (or, at State option), under age 20, 19, or 18) or reasonable classifications of these individuals;
(6) Pregnant women; and
(7) Essential spouses specified under § 436.230.
(b) If the agency provides Medicaid to any individual in an optional group specified in paragraph (a) of this section, the agency must provide Medicaid to all individuals who apply and are found eligible to be members of that group.
- 42 CFR 436.212 — Individuals Who Would Be Eligible for Cash Assistance if the State Plan for OAA, AFDC, AB, APTD, or AABD Were as Broad as Allowed Under the Act.
- 42 CFR 436.220 — Individuals Who Would Meet the Income and Resource Requirements Under AFDC if Child Care Costs Were Paid From Earnings.
- 42 CFR 436.210 — Individuals Who Meet the Income and Resource Requirements of the Cash Assistance Programs.
- 42 CFR 436.211 — Individuals Who Would Be Eligible for Cash Assistance if They Were Not in Medical Institutions.