42 CFR 440.155 - Nursing facility services, other than in institutions for mental diseases.
(a) “Nursing facility services, other than in an institution for mental diseases” means services provided in a facility that -
(1) Fully meets the requirements for a State license to provide, on a regular basis, health-related services to individuals who do not require hospital care, but whose mental or physical condition requires services that -
(i) Are above the level of room and board; and
(ii) Can be made available only through institutional facilities;
(2) Has been certified to meet the requirements of subpart C of part 442 of this chapter as evidenced by a valid agreement between the Medicaid agency and the facility for providing nursing facility services and making payments for services under the plan; and
(b) “Nursing facility services” include services -
(2) Provided by a facility located on an Indian reservation that -
(i) Furnishes, on a regular basis, health-related services; and
(c) “Nursing facility services” may include services provided in a distinct part (as defined in § 483.5(b) of this chapter) of a facility other than a nursing facility if the distinct part (as defined in § 483.5(b) of this chapter) -
(1) Meets all requirements for a nursing facility;
(2) Is an identifiable unit, such as an entire ward or contiguous ward, a wing, floor, or building;
(3) Consists of all beds and related facilities in the unit;
(5) Is clearly identified; and
(6) Is approved in writing by the survey agency.
(d) If a State includes as nursing facility services those services provided by a distinct part of a facility other than a nursing facility, it may not require transfer of a beneficiary within or between facilities if, in the opinion of the attending physician, it might be harmful to the physical or mental health of the beneficiary.
Title 42 published on 19-Apr-2017 03:51
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 42 CFR Part 440 after this date.