43 CFR § 422.10 - Requirements for authorizing officers to exercise Reclamation law enforcement authority.
(1) Is at least 21 years old;
(2) Is certified as a bona fide full-time peace officer under State Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) requirements, or its functional equivalent or is certified as a Federal law enforcement officer;
(3) Has passed his/her agency's firearms qualifications (which must be consistent with Federal policy) within the 6-month period immediately preceding the granting of the authority;
(4) Re-qualifies to use firearms with all issued service weapons at least semi-annually;
(5) Has neither been convicted of a felony offense, nor convicted of a misdemeanor offense for domestic violence, preventing him/her from possessing a firearm in compliance with section 658 of Public Law 104–208 (the 1996 amendment of the Gun Control Act of 1968);
(6) Is not the subject of a court order preventing him/her from possessing a firearm;
(7) Has no physical impairments that will hinder performance as an active duty law enforcement officer; and
(8) Attends and successfully completes a mandatory orientation session developed by Reclamation to become familiar with Federal laws and procedures and with all pertinent provisions of statutes, ordinances, regulations, and Departmental and Reclamation rules and policies.