43 CFR Subpart D - Rules Applicable in Indian Affairs Hearings and Appeals
General Rules Applicable to Proceedings on Appeal Before the Interior Board of Indian Appeals (§§ 4.310 - 4.318)
- § 4.310 Documents.
- § 4.311 Briefs on appeal.
- § 4.312 Board decisions.
- § 4.313 Amicus curiae; intervention; joinder motions.
- § 4.314 Exhaustion of administrative remedies.
- § 4.315 Reconsideration of a Board decision.
- § 4.316 Remands from courts.
- § 4.317 Standards of conduct.
- § 4.318 Scope of review.
Appeals to the Board of Indian Appeals in Probate Matters (§§ 4.320 - 4.326)
- § 4.320 Who may appeal a judge's decision or order?
- § 4.321 How do I appeal a judge's decision or order?
- § 4.322 What must an appeal contain?
- § 4.323 Who receives service of the notice of appeal?
- § 4.324 How is the record on appeal prepared?
- § 4.325 How will the appeal be docketed?
- § 4.326 What happens to the record after disposition?
Appeals to the Board of Indian Appeals from Administrative Actions of Officials of the Bureau of Indian Affairs: Administrative Review in Other Indian Matters Not Relating to Probate Proceedings (§§ 4.330 - 4.340)
- § 4.330 Scope.
- § 4.331 Who may appeal.
- § 4.332 Appeal to the Board; how taken; mandatory time for filing; preparation assistance; requirement for bond.
- § 4.333 Service of notice of appeal.
- § 4.334 Extensions of time.
- § 4.335 Preparation and transmittal of record by official of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- § 4.336 Docketing.
- § 4.337 Action by the Board.
- § 4.338 Submission by administrative law judge of proposed findings, conclusions and recommended decision.
- § 4.339 Exceptions or comments regarding recommended decision by administrative law judge.
- § 4.340 Disposition of the record.
White Earth Reservation Land Settlement Act of 1985; Authority of Administrative Judges; Determinations of the Heirs of Persons Who Died Entitled to Compensation (§§ 4.350 - 4.357)
- § 4.350 Authority and scope.
- § 4.351 Commencement of the determination process.
- § 4.352 Determination of administrative judge and notice thereof.
- § 4.353 Record.
- § 4.354 Reconsideration or rehearing.
- § 4.355 Omitted compensation.
- § 4.356 Appeals.
- § 4.357 Guardians for minors and incompetents.
For regulations pertaining to the processing of Indian probate matters within the Bureau of Indian Affairs, see 25 CFR part 15. For regulations pertaining to the probate of Indian trust estates within the Probate Hearings Division, Office of Hearings and Appeals, see 43 CFR part 30. For regulations pertaining to the authority, jurisdiction, and membership of the Board of Indian Appeals, Office of Hearings and Appeals, see subpart A of this part. For regulations generally applicable to proceedings before the Hearings Divisions and Appeal Boards of the Office of Hearings and Appeals, see subpart B of this part.