45 CFR 1357.32 - State fiscal requirements (title IV-B, subpart 2, family preservation and family support services).
(a) Scope. The requirements of this section apply to all funds allocated to States under title IV-B, subpart 2, of the Act.
(b) Allotments. The annual allotment to each State shall be made in accordance with section 433 of the Act.
(d) Matching or cost sharing. Funds used to provide services in FY 1994 and in subsequent years will be federally reimbursed at 75 percent of allowable expenditures. (This is the same Federal financial participation rate as title IV-B, subpart 1.) Federal funds, however, will not exceed the amount of the State's allotment.
(1) The State's contribution may be in cash, donated funds, and non-public third party in-kind contributions.
(2) Except as provided by Federal statute, other Federal funds may not be used to meet the matching requirement.
(e) Prohibition against purchase or construction of facilities. Funds awarded under title IV-B may not be used for the purchase or construction of facilities.
(f) Maintenance of effort. States may not use the Federal funds under title IV-B, subpart 2, to supplant Federal or non-Federal funds for existing family preservation and family support services. For the purpose of implementing this requirement, “non-Federal funds” means State funds. ACF will collect information annually from each State on expenditures for family support and family preservation using the State fiscal year 1992 as the base year.
(g) Time limits on expenditures. Funds must be expended by September 30 of the fiscal year following the fiscal year in which the funds were awarded.
(1) States claiming Federal financial participation for services provided in FY 1994 and subsequent years may not claim more than 10 percent of expenditures under subpart 2 for administrative costs. There is no limit on the percentage of administrative costs which may be reported as State match.
(2) For the purposes of title IV-B, subpart 2, “administrative costs” are costs of auxiliary functions as identified through as agency's accounting system which are:
(i) Allocable (in accordance with the agency's approved cost allocation plan) to the title IV-B, subpart 2 program cost centers;
(ii) necessary to sustain the direct effort involved in administering the State plan for title IV-B, subpart 2, or an activity providing service to the program: and
(iii) centralized in the grantee department or in some other agency, and may include but are not limited to the following: Procurement; payroll; personnel functions; management, maintenance and operation of space and property; data processing and computer services; accounting; budgeting; auditing.
(3) Program costs are costs, other than administrative costs, incurred in connection with developing and implementing the CFSP (e.g., delivery of services, planning, consultation, coordination, training, quality assurance measures, data collection, evaluations, supervision).
[61 FR 58661, Nov. 18, 1996]
Title 45 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.