45 CFR 156.265 - Enrollment process for qualified individuals.
(a)General requirement. A QHP issuer must process enrollment in accordance with this section.
(b)Enrollment through the Exchange for the individual market.
(i) Notifies the QHP issuer that the individual is a qualified individual; and
(i) Direct the individual to file an application with the Exchange in accordance with § 155.310, or
(ii) Ensure the applicant's completion of an eligibility verification and enrollment application through the Exchange Internet Web site as described in § 155.405, or ensure that the eligibility application information is submitted for an eligibility determination through the Exchange-approved Web service subject to meeting the requirements in paragraph (b)(3) through (5) of this section;
(3) When an Internet Web site of an issuer is used to complete the Exchange eligibility application outlined in this section, at a minimum, the Internet Web site must:
(i) Use exactly the same eligibility application language as appears in the FFE Single Streamlined Application required in § 155.405 of this subchapter, unless HHS approves a deviation;
(ii) Ensure that all necessary information for the consumer's applicable eligibility circumstances are submitted through the Exchange-approved Web service;
(iv) Differentially display all standardized options in accordance with the requirements under § 155.205(b)(1) in a manner consistent with that adopted by HHS for display on the Federally-facilitated Exchange Web site, unless HHS approves a deviation.
(5) HHS or its designee may periodically monitor and audit an agent, broker, or issuer to assess its compliance with the applicable requirements of this section.
(c)Acceptance of enrollment information. A QHP issuer must accept enrollment information consistent with the privacy and security requirements established by the Exchange in accordance with § 155.260 and in an electronic format that is consistent with § 155.270.
(d)Premium payment. A QHP issuer must follow the premium payment process established by the Exchange in accordance with § 155.240 of this subchapter and the payment rules established in § 155.400(e) of this subchapter.
(e)Enrollment information package. A QHP issuer must provide new enrollees an enrollment information package that is compliant with accessibility and readability standards established in § 155.230(b).
(g)Enrollment acknowledgement. A QHP issuer must acknowledge receipt of enrollment information transmitted from the Exchange in accordance with Exchange standards established in accordance with § 155.400(b)(2) of this subchapter.
Title 45 published on 20-Apr-2017 03:49
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 45 CFR Part 156 after this date.
- 45 CFR 156.460 — Reduction of Enrollee's Share of Premium to Account for Advance Payments of the Premium Tax Credit.
- 45 CFR 156.285 — Additional Standards Specific to SHOP.
- 45 CFR 156.1230 — Direct Enrollment With the QHP Issuer in a Manner Considered to Be Through the Exchange.
- 45 CFR 156.350 — Eligibility and Enrollment Standards for Qualified Health Plan Issuers on State-Based Exchanges on the Federal Platform.