45 CFR § 156.286 - Additional standards specific to SHOP for plan years beginning on or after January 1, 2018.
(a) SHOP rating and premium payment requirements. QHP issuers offering a QHP through a SHOP must:
(1) Accept payment from a qualified employer or an enrollee, or a SHOP on behalf of a qualified employer or enrollee, in accordance with applicable SHOP requirements.
(2) Adhere to the SHOP timeline for rate setting as established in § 155.706(b)(6) of this subchapter;
(3) Charge the same contract rate for a plan year; and
(4) Adhere to the premium rating standards described in § 147.102 of this subchapter regardless of whether the QHP being sold through the SHOP is sold in the small group market or the large group market.
(b) Enrollment periods and processes for the SHOP. QHP issuers offering a QHP through the SHOP must adhere to enrollment periods and processes established by the SHOP, consistent with § 155.726 of this subchapter, and establish a uniform enrollment timeline and process for enrolling qualified employers and employer group members.
(c) Enrollment process for the SHOP. A QHP issuer offering a QHP through the SHOP must:
(1) Provide new enrollees with the enrollment information package as described in § 156.265(e); and
(d) Participation rules. QHP issuers offering a QHP through the SHOP may impose group participation rules for the offering of health insurance coverage in connection with a QHP only if and to the extent authorized by the SHOP in accordance with § 155.706 of this subchapter.
(e) Employer choice. QHP issuers offering a QHP through the SHOP must accept enrollments from groups in accordance with the employer choice policies applicable to the SHOP under § 155.706(b)(3) of this subchapter.
(f) Identification of SHOP enrollments. QHP issuers offering a QHP through the SHOP must use a uniform enrollment form, maintain processes sufficient to identify whether a group market enrollment is an enrollment through the SHOP, and maintain records of SHOP enrollments for a period of 10 years following the enrollment.
(g) Applicability date. The provisions of this section apply for plan years beginning on or after January 1, 2018.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.