45 CFR 2522.640 - Under what circumstances may I change my performance measures?
(a) You may change your performance measures only if the Corporation or, for formula programs, the State commission, approves your request to do so based on your need to:
(1) Adjust your performance measure or target based on experience so that your program's goals are more realistic and manageable;
(2) Replace a measure related to one issue area with one related to a different issue area that is more aligned with your program service activity. For example, you may need to replace an objective related to health with one related to the environment;
(3) Redefine the service that individuals perform under the grant. For example, you may need to define your service as tutoring adults in English, as opposed to operating an after-school program for third-graders;
(4) Eliminate an activity because you have been unable to secure necessary matching funding; or
(5) Replace one measure with another. For example, you may decide that you want to replace one measure of literacy tutoring (increased attendance at school) with another (percentage of students who are promoted to the next grade level).