47 CFR 25.116 - Amendments to applications.
(a) Unless otherwise specified, any pending application may be amended until designated for hearing, a public notice is issued stating that a substantive disposition of the application is to be considered at a forthcoming Commission meeting, or a final order disposing of the matter is adopted by the Commission.
(b) Major amendments submitted pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section are subject to the public notice requirements of § 25.151. An amendment will be deemed to be a major amendment under the following circumstances:
(1) If the amendment increases the potential for interference, or changes the proposed frequencies or orbital locations to be used.
(2) If the amendment would convert the proposal into an action that may have a significant environmental effect under § 1.1307 of this chapter.
(4) If the amendment, or the cumulative effect of the amendment, is determined by the Commission otherwise to be substantial pursuant to section 309 of the Communications Act.
(5) Amendments to “defective” space station applications, within the meaning of § 25.112 will not be considered.
(c) Any application for an NGSO-like satellite license within the meaning of § 25.157 will be considered to be a newly filed application if it is amended by a major amendment (as defined by paragraph (b) of this section) after a “cut-off” date applicable to the application, except under the following circumstances:
(1) The amendment resolves frequency conflicts with authorized stations or other pending applications but does not create new or increased frequency conflicts;
(2) The amendment reflects only a change in ownership or control found by the Commission to be in the public interest and, for which a requested exemption from a “cut-off” date is granted;
(3) The amendment corrects typographical, transcription, or similar clerical errors which are clearly demonstrated to be mistakes by reference to other parts of the application, and whose discovery does not create new or increased frequency conflicts; or
(4) The amendment does not create new or increased frequency conflicts, and is demonstrably necessitated by events which the applicant could not have reasonably foreseen at the time of filing.
(d) Any application for a GSO-like satellite license within the meaning of § 25.158 will be considered to be a newly filed application if it is amended by a major amendment (as defined by paragraph (b) of this section), and will cause the application to lose its status relative to later-filed applications in the “queue” as described in § 25.158.
(e) Any amendment to an application shall be filed electronically through the International Bureau Filing System (IBFS) in accordance with the applicable provisions of part 1, subpart Y of this chapter. Amendments to space station applications must be filed on Form 312 and Schedule S. Amendments to earth station applications must be filed on Form 312 and Schedule B.
Title 47 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 25 after this date.