47 CFR 25.117 - Modification of station license.
(a) Except as provided for in § 25.118 (Modifications not requiring prior authorization), no modification of a radio station governed by this part which affects the parameters or terms and conditions of the station authorization shall be made except upon application to and grant of such application by the Commission.
(b) Both earth station and space station modification applications must be filed electronically through the International Bureau Filing System (IBFS) in accordance with the applicable provisions of part 1, subpart Y of this chapter.
(c) Applications for modification of earth station authorizations must be submitted on FCC Form 312, Main Form and Schedule B. Applications for modification of space station authorizations must be submitted on FCC Form 312, Main Form and Schedule S. Only those items that change need to be specified, provided that the applicant certifies that the remaining information has not changed.
(1) Except as set forth in § 25.118(e), applications for modifications of space station authorizations shall be filed in accordance with § 25.114, but only those items of information listed in § 25.114 that change need to be submitted, provided the applicant certifies that the remaining information has not changed.
(2) Applications for modifications of space station authorizations will be granted except under the following circumstances:
(i) Granting the modification would make the applicant unqualified to operate a space station under the Commission's rules.
(ii) Granting the modification request would not serve the public interest, convenience, and necessity.
(iii) Except as set forth in paragraph (d)(2)(iv) of this section, applications for modifications of GSO-like space station authorizations granted pursuant to the procedure set forth in § 25.158, which seek to relocate a GSO satellite or add a frequency band to the authorization, will be placed in a queue pursuant to § 25.158 and considered only after previously filed space station license applications or space station modification applications have been considered.
(iv) Applications for modifications of space station authorizations to increase the authorized bandwidth will not be considered in cases in which the original space station authorization was granted pursuant to the procedures set forth in § 25.157(e) or § 25.158(c)(4).
(v) Any 17/24 GHz BSS space station operator whose license is conditioned to operate at less than the power level otherwise permitted by § 25.208(c) and/or (w) of this part, and is conditioned to accept interference from a neighboring 17/24 GHz BSS space station, may file a modification application to remove those two conditions in the event that the license for that neighboring space station is cancelled or surrendered. In the event that two or more such modification applications are filed, and those applications are mutually exclusive, the modification applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis pursuant to the procedure set forth in § 25.158 of this part.
(3) In the event that a space station licensee provides notification of a planned license modification pursuant to § 25.118(e), and the Commission finds that the proposed modification does not meet the requirements of § 25.118(e), the Commission will issue a public notice announcing that the proposed license modification will be considered pursuant to the procedure specified in paragraphs (d)(1) and (d)(2) of this section.
(e) Any application for modification of authorization to extend a required date of completion, as set forth in § 25.133 for earth station authorizations or § 25.164 for space stations, or included as a condition of any earth station or space station authorization, must include a verified statement from the applicant:
(1) That states that the additional time is required due to unforeseeable circumstances beyond the applicant's control, describes these circumstances with specificity, and justifies the precise extension period requested; or
(2) That states there are unique and overriding public interest concerns that justify an extension, identifies these interests and justifies a precise extension period (f) An application for modification of a space station license to add an ancillary terrestrial component to an eligible satellite network will be treated as a request for a minor modification if the particulars of operations provided by the applicant comply with the criteria specified in § 25.149. Notwithstanding the treatment of such an application as a minor modification, the Commission shall place any initial application for the modification of a space station license to add an ancillary terrestrial component on notice for public comment. Except as provided for in § 25.149(f), no application for authority to add an ancillary terrestrial component to an eligible satellite network shall be granted until the applicant has demonstrated actual compliance with the criteria specified in § 25.149(b).
(g) In cases where an earth station licensee proposes additional transmitters, facilities, or modifications, the resulting transmissions of which can reasonably be expected to cause the power density to exceed the RF exposure limits specified in part 1, subpart I of this chapter by five percent, the licensee must submit an environmental assessment pursuant to § 1.1307(b)(3)(i) of this chapter as an attachment to its modification application.
Title 47 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 25 after this date.