47 CFR 63.90 - Publication and posting of notices.
(a) Immediately upon the filing of an application or informal request (except a request under § 63.71) for authority to close or otherwise discontinue the operation, or reduce the hours of service at a telephone exchange (except an exchange located at a military establishment), the applicant shall post a public notice at least 51 cm by 61 cm (20 inches by 24 inches), with letter of commensurate size, in a conspicuous place in the exchange affected, and also in the window of any such exchange having window space fronting on a public street at street level. Such notice shall be posted at least 14 days and shall contain the following information, as may be applicable:
(1) Date of first posting of notice;
(2) Name of applicant;
(3) A statement that application has been made to the Federal Communications Commission;
(4) Date when application was filed in the Commission;
(5) A description of the discontinuance, reduction, or impairment of service for which authority is sought including the address or other appropriate identification of the exchange or station involved;
(6) If applicant proposes to reduce hours of service, a description of present and proposed hours of service;
(7) A complete description of the substitute service, if any, to be provided if the application is granted.
(8) A statement that any member of the public desiring to protest or support the application may communicate in writing with the Federal Communications Commission, Washington, DC 20554, on or before a specified date which shall be 20 days from the date of first posting of the notice.
(b) Immediately upon the filing of an application or informal request of the nature described in paragraph (a) of this section, the applicant shall also cause to be published a notice of not less than 10 column centimeters (4 column inches) in size containing information similar to that specified in paragraph (a), at least once during each of 2 consecutive weeks, in some newspaper of general circulation in the community or part of the community affected.
(c) Immediately upon the filing of an application or informal request or upon the filing of a formal application to close a public toll station (except a toll station located at a military establishment), applicant shall post a public notice at least A3 (29.7 cm × 42.0 cm) or 11 in × 17 in (27.9 cm × 43.2 cm) in size as provided in paragraph (a) of this section or, in lieu thereof, applicant shall cause to be published a newspaper notice as provided in paragraph (b) of this section.
(d) Immediately upon the filing of any application or informal request for authority to discontinue, reduce, or impair service, or any notice of resumption of service under § 63.63(b), the applicant shall give written notice of the filing together with a copy of such application to the State Commission (as defined in section 3(t) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended) of each State in which any discontinuance, reduction or impairment is proposed.
(e) When the posting, publication, and notification as required in paragraphs (a), (b), (c) and (d) of this section have been completed, applicant shall report such fact to the Commission, stating the name of the newspaper in which publication was made, the name of the Commissions notified, and the dates of posting, publication, and notification.
Title 47 published on 2014-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 63 after this date.