49 CFR 107.601 - Applicability.
(a) The registration and fee requirements of this subpart apply to any person who offers for transportation, or transports, in foreign, interstate or intrastate commerce -
(1) A highway route-controlled quantity of a Class 7 (radioactive) material, as defined in § 173.403 of this chapter;
(2) More than 25 kg (55 pounds) of a Division 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3 (explosive) material (see § 173.50 of this chapter) in a motor vehicle, rail car or freight container;
(3) More than one L (1.06 quarts) per package of a material extremely toxic by inhalation (i.e., “material poisonous by inhalation,” as defined in § 171.8 of this chapter, that meets the criteria for “hazard zone A,” as specified in § 173.116(a) or § 173.133(a) of this chapter);
(4) A shipment of a quantity of hazardous materials in a bulk packaging (see § 171.8 of this chapter) having a capacity equal to or greater than 13,248 L (3,500 gallons) for liquids or gases or more than 13.24 cubic meters (468 cubic feet) for solids;
(5) A shipment in other than a bulk packaging of 2,268 kg (5,000 pounds) gross weight or more of one class of hazardous materials for which placarding of a vehicle, rail car, or freight container is required for that class, under the provisions of subpart F of part 172 of this chapter; or
(6) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, a quantity of hazardous material that requires placarding, under provisions of subpart F of part 172 of this chapter.
(b) Paragraph (a)(6) of this section does not apply to those activities of a farmer, as defined in § 171.8 of this chapter, that are in direct support of the farmer's farming operations.
(c) In this subpart, the term “shipment” means the offering or loading of hazardous material at one loading facility using one transport vehicle, or the transport of that transport vehicle.
Title 49 published on 2014-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 49 CFR Part 107 after this date.