49 CFR 173.457 - Transportation of fissile material packages
(a) Packages containing fissile radioactive material which are not excepted under § 173.453 must be assigned by the offeror, in accordance with their definitions in § 173.403, a criticality safety index (CSI) and a transport index (TI).
(g) The number of packages, overpacks and freight containers containing fissile material stored in transit in any one storage area must be so limited that the total sum of the CSI's in any group of packages, overpacks or freight containers does not exceed 50. Groups of packages shall be stored so as to maintain a spacing of a least 6 m (20 ft) between the closest surfaces of any two groups.
Title 49 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 49 CFR Part 173 after this date.
- 49 CFR 175.703 — Other Special Requirements for the Acceptance and Carriage of Packages Containing Class 7 Materials.
- 49 CFR 176.704 — Requirements Relating to Transport Indices and Criticality Safety Indices.
- 49 CFR 172.504 — General Placarding Requirements.
- 49 CFR 177.842 — Class 7 (Radioactive) Material.
- 49 CFR 174.700 — Special Handling Requirements for Class 7 (Radioactive) Materials.