49 CFR § 235.12 - Additional required information-prints.
(a) A print or prints, size 8 inches by 10 1/2 inches, or 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches, or folded to 8 inches by 10 1/2 inches or to 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches, shall be furnished with each application.
(b) The print or prints shall be to scale or by indicated dimensions, using Association of American Railroads graphic symbols.
(c) The following information shall be shown on the print or prints:
(1) Present and proposed arrangement of tracks and signal facilities;
(2) Name of carrier;
(3) Operating division;
(4) Place and State; and
(5) Timetable directions of movements.
(d) If stopping distances are involved, the following information shall also be shown:
(1) Curvature and grade;
(2) Maximum authorized speeds of trains; and
(3) Length of signal control circuits for each signal indication displayed.
(e) The following color scheme is suggested on prints:
(1) Installations, relocations, and added signal aspects should be colored, preferably in yellow;
(2) Removals, discontinuances, and abandonments should be colored, preferably in red; and
(3) Existing facilities not pertinent to change proposed in application should be shown uncolored.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.