49 CFR 383.121 - Requirements for hazardous materials endorsement.
In order to obtain a hazardous materials endorsement, each applicant must have such knowledge as is required of a driver of a hazardous materials laden vehicle, from information contained in 49 CFR parts 171, 172, 173, 177, 178, and 397, on the following:
(a) Hazardous materials regulations including:
(1) Hazardous materials table;
(2) Shipping paper requirements;
(5) Placarding requirements;
(6) Hazardous materials packaging;
(7) Hazardous materials definitions and preparation;
(8) Other regulated material (e.g., ORM-D);
(9) Reporting hazardous materials accidents; and
(10) Tunnels and railroad crossings.
(b) Hazardous materials handling including:
(1) Forbidden materials and packages;
(2) Loading and unloading materials;
(3) Cargo segregation;
(5) Attendance of motor vehicles;
(8) Cargo tanks; and
(9) “Safe havens.”
(c) Operation of emergency equipment including:
(1) Use of equipment to protect the public;
(2) Special precautions for equipment to be used in fires;
(4) Use of emergency equipment for tank vehicles.
(d) Emergency response procedures including:
(1) Special care and precautions for different types of accidents;
(3) Emergency procedures; and
(4) Existence of special requirements for transporting Class 1.1 and 1.2 explosives.
(e) Operating practices and procedures not otherwise specified.
Title 49 published on 09-May-2017 04:41
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 49 CFR Part 383 after this date.