49 CFR 7.12 - What records are available in reading rooms, and how are they accessed?
(a)General. Pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(2), unless the following records are promptly published and offered for sale or published in the Federal Register, DOT and its components make the following records, and an index to the records, available in a reading room, including an electronic reading room if the records were created by DOT on or after November 1, 1996:
(1) Final opinions, including concurring and dissenting opinions, as well as orders, made in the adjudication of cases;
(2) Statements of policy and interpretations that have been adopted by DOT and are not published in the Federal Register;
(3) Administrative staff manuals and instructions to staff that affect a member of the public; and
(4) Copies of all records, regardless of form or format, that have been released to any person under subpart C of this part and that:
(i) Because of the nature of their subject matter, DOT determines have become or are likely to become the subject of subsequent requests for substantially the same records; or
(ii) Have been requested three or more times.
(b)Reading room locations. DOT makes its reading room records and indices (in the form of lists or links) available at https://www.transportation.gov/foia. To the extent that DOT continues to make reading rooms available at a physical location, those locations are listed on the DOT FOIA Web site at https://www.transportation.gov/foia.
- 49 CFR 7.13 — How Are Copies of Publicly Available Records Obtained?
- 49 CFR 7.44 — How Can I Pay a Processing Fee for Records Requested Under Subpart B or Subpart C of This Part?
- 49 CFR 7.11 — What Records Are Published in the Federal Register, and How Are They Accessed?
- 49 CFR 7.41 — When and How Are Processing Fees Imposed for Records That Are Made Available Under Subpart B or Processed Under Subpart C of This Part?