7 CFR 1487.8 - How are payments made?
(1) Following the implementation of a project for which the CCC has agreed to provide funding, a participant may submit claims for reimbursement of eligible expenses to the extent that the CCC has agreed to pay such expenses. Any changes to approved activities must be approved in writing by the FAS before any reimbursable expenses associated with the change can be incurred. A participant will be reimbursed after the CCC reviews the claim and determines that it is complete.
(2) All claims for reimbursement must be received no later than 90 calendar days following the expiration or termination date of the program agreement. For program agreements which extend beyond twelve months, all claims for reimbursement must be received no later than 90 calendar days following the next anniversary of the effective date of the agreement.
(3) Participants shall maintain complete records of all program expenditures, identified by TASC agreement number, program year, country or region, activity number and cost category. Such records shall be accompanied by original documentation which supports the expenditure and shall be made available to the FAS upon request.
(4) Participants shall maintain all records and documents relating to TASC projects, including the original documentation which supports reimbursement claims, for a period of 3 calendar years following the expiration or termination date of the program agreement. Such records and documents will be subject to verification by FAS and shall be made available upon request to authorized officials of the U.S. Government. FAS may deny a claim for reimbursement if the claim is not supported by acceptable documentation.
(5) In the event that a reimbursement claim is overpaid or is disallowed after payment already has been made, the participant shall return the overpayment amount or the disallowed amount to the CCC within 30 days after realizing the overpayment or receiving notification of the overpayment or disallowed amount.
(b) Advances. Participants may request advances of funds, not to exceed 85 percent of the funding approved in any given program year. All advanced funds must be either fully expended or the balance returned by check made payable to the CCC no later than the 90th calendar day following the date of disbursement of the advance to the participant. Upon the expenditure of advance funds, participants must submit reimbursement claims to offset the advance charged to them.
(c) Interest. Participants shall deposit and maintain advanced funds in insured, interest-bearing accounts. Interest earned on outstanding advances must be returned by check made payable to the CCC at the time the advance is either fully expended or itself returned.