7 CFR 277.4 - Funding.
(b)Federal reimbursement rate. The base percentage for Federal payment shall be 50 percent of State agencies' allowable SNAP administrative costs.
(3) The federally funded share of administrative costs, as identified in paragraph (b) of this section may be decreased based upon its payment error rate as described in § 275.23. The rates of Federal funding for the activities identified in paragraphs (b)(1) and (b)(2) of this section shall not be reduced based upon the agency's payment error rate.
(5) The Federal reimbursement rate shall include reimbursement for SNAP informational activities, but shall not include the following:
(i) Recruitment activities designed to persuade an individual to apply for SNAP benefits through the use of persuasive practices. Persuasive practices constitute coercing or pressuring an individual to apply, or providing incentives to fill out an application for SNAP benefits. Communicating factual information pertaining to SNAP so that an individual can make an informed choice is not a recruitment activity designed to persuade an individual to apply for SNAP benefits.
(ii) Television, radio or billboard advertisements that are designed to promote SNAP benefits and enrollment, excepting the use of such advertisements for programmatic activities undertaken with respect to benefits provided under § 280.1 of this chapter. This restriction does not apply to radio, television, or billboard advertisements that are not designed to promote SNAP benefits and enrollment and that provide factual information identifying retail food stores where SNAP benefits are accepted.
(iii) Agreements with foreign governments that are designed to promote SNAP benefits and enrollment.
(6) Any entity that receives funding from the programs identified by this section and § 251.4 of this chapter is prohibited from compensating any person for conducting outreach activities relating to participation in, or for recruiting individuals to apply to receive benefits under, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, if the amount of the compensation would be based on the number of individuals who apply to receive the benefits.
(c)Matching costs. State agency costs for Federal matching funds may consist of:
(1) Are verifiable;
(2) Are not contributed for another federally-assisted program, unless authorized by Federal legislation;
(4) Are charges that would be allowable under this part;
(5) Are not paid by the Federal Government under another assistance agreement unless authorized under the other agreement and its subject laws and regulations; and
(6) Are in the approved budget.
(e) The value of services rendered by volunteers or the value of goods contributed by third parties, exclusive of the State and Federal agencies, are unallowable for reimbursement purposes under the SNAP. The value of services rendered by volunteers shall be allowable only to meet any matching administrative costs requirements for the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
(g) Investigations of authorized retail or wholesale food concerns when performed in coordination with the USDA Office of Inspector General and FNS shall be funded at the 50 percent Federal reimbursement rate.
- 7 CFR 275.11 — Sampling.
- 7 CFR 251.10 — Miscellaneous Provisions.
- 7 CFR 272.1 — General Terms and Conditions.
- 7 CFR 277.4 — Funding.
- 7 CFR 253.11 — Administrative Funds.
- 7 CFR 273.23 — Simplified Application and Standardized Benefit Projects.
- 7 CFR 272.5 — Program Informational Activities.
- 7 CFR 271.9 — Promotional Activities.