7 CFR 277.4 - Funding.
(b)Federal reimbursement rate. The base percentage for Federal payment shall be 50 percent of State agencies' allowable Food Stamp Program administrative costs. This rate includes reimbursement for food stamp informational activities but not for recruitment activities. Recruitment activities are those activities designed to persuade an individual who has made an informed choice not to apply for food stamps to change his or her decision and apply.
(3) the federally funded share of administrative costs, as identified in paragraph (b) of this section may be decreased based upon its payment error rate as described in § 275.23. The rates of Federal funding for the activities identified in paragraphs (b)(1) and (b)(2) of this section shall not be reduced based upon the agency's payment error rate.
(c)Matching costs.State agency costs for Federal matching funds may consist of:
(1) Are verifiable;
(2) Are not contributed for another federally-assisted program, unless authorized by Federal legislation;
(4) Are charges that would be allowable under this part;
(5) Are not paid by the Federal Government under another assistance agreement unless authorized under the other agreement and its subject laws and regulations; and
(6) Are in the approved budget.
(e) The value of services rendered by volunteers or the value of goods contributed by third parties, exclusive of the State and Federal agencies, are unallowable for reimbursement purposes under the Food Stamp Program. The value of services rendered by volunteers shall be allowable only to meet any matching administrative costs requirements for the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
(g) Investigations of authorized retail or wholesale food concerns when performed in coordination with the USDA Office of Inspector General and FNS shall be funded at the 50 percent Federal reimbursement rate.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 277 after this date.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 7.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.