7 CFR 799.11 - Actions during NEPA reviews.
(a) Except as specified in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section, FSA or a program participant must not take any action, implement any component of a proposed action, or make any final decision during FSA's NEPA and environmental compliance review process that could have an adverse environmental impact or limit the range of alternatives until FSA completes its environmental review by doing one of the following:
(1) Determines that the proposed action is categorically excluded under NEPA under subpart D of this part and does not trigger any extraordinary circumstances; or
(2) Issues a FONSI or ROD under subpart E or F of this part.
(b) FSA may approve interim actions related to proposed actions provided the:
(1) Interim actions will not have an adverse environmental impact;
(2) Expenditure is necessary to maintain a schedule for the proposed action;
(4) Interim actions and expenditures will not segment otherwise connected actions; and
(5) NEPA and associated environmental compliance review has been completed for the interim action or expenditure.
(c) FSA and program participants may develop preliminary plans or designs, or perform work necessary to support an application for Federal, State, or local permits or assistance, during the NEPA review process, provided all requirements in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section are met.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 799 after this date.