9 CFR 351.3 - Kind of service.
(a) Certification, in the form set forth in paragraph (b), is available under the regulations in this part for specific lots of technical animal fat for export, if the fat was rendered from materials derived from carcasses, or parts of carcasses, that had been inspected and passed and came from animals that did not die otherwise than by slaughter under inspection. The certification will be made by a Program employee when he determines, upon the basis of examinations made by him or other inspectors, as provided in § 351.14, and information obtained by him or them from the exporter or other sources, as provided in the regulations in this part, that the technical animal fat is eligible for certification under this section and therefore the statements to be certified are correct. The service will be available upon a voluntary fee basis in accordance with said regulations.
(1) The form of Certificate for Export of Technical Animal Fats is as follows:
(2) Certified technical animal fat may be described on the certificate as “technical animal fat”; or if it is tallow, it may be described on the certificate as “Tallow” and the description may include the statement “titre not less than 40 °C.”
- 9 CFR 351.7 — Administration of Certification Service Program.
- 9 CFR 351.19 — Refusal of Certification for Specific Lots.
- 9 CFR 351.16 — Certificate Required for Shipments of Technical Animal Fat.
- 9 CFR 351.18 — Official Identifications; Unauthorized Use.
- 9 CFR 351.14 — Processes to Be Supervised; Extent of Examinations.
- 9 CFR 351.11 — Identification and Separation of Technical Animal Fats for Certification and Materials for Use Therein; Removal of Wrappers, Etc.; Cleaning of Equipment.